Position: Labour beat?reporter?(internship)
Anticipated Hours: 15 hours per week, 39 weeks (December – July)
Location: Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver
เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com is pleased to announce our sixth annual Labour Beat Internship. The placement will provide the successful candidate with unique opportunities to develop a grounding for reporting on national labour issues. The internship will involve access to meetings, conferences, media briefings and interviews with leaders in the labour movement, and may include shadowing rabble's Parliament Hill reporter to committees and scrums.
In addition, the successful candidate will become familiar with some of the daily tasks involved in producing a daily national news site. The successful candidate will work one-on-one with rabble's editors, and will have opportunities to participate in the production of multimedia storytelling. Working independently from our desks in Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver, the candidate will be expected to pitch news stories, take regular news writing assignments and work with rabble's editor-in-chief to prepare articles for publication. The labour reporter will also gain experience in research and fact-checking. Strong writing, editing and research skills are a must, as are a demonstrated interest in the labour movement, current affairs and the ability to meet quick deadlines and to work independently.
- Contribute weekly news stories to เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com
- Contribute weekly roundups or brief reports to เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com
- Research and edit labour-related feature stories
- Assist with copy-editing and fact-checking of news articles
- Attend weekly story meetings and monthly editorial meetings
- Attend occasional events or info sessions
- Other tasks as required
- Journalism degree or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of three years' working experience in the field
- Demonstrated experience in online media and knowledge of the labour movement
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills for a virtual office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently
- Must have computer and high-speed internet access
Applications are accepted by email only and should be sent to jobs[at]เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com. Deadline is midnight, Nov. 19, 2018.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter, indicating why you are interested in the Labour Reporter internship and how it fits into your future career aspirations
- Your resume
- Three writing samples (published or unpublished)
Please note: Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you to all those who apply.
This is a paid internship placement at a rate of $20/hour.
เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com is committed to equity and anti-racism in its policies and practices, supports diversity in its journalistic and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under employment equity. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com community are encouraged to apply.
Funding for this position was made possible through a contribution from Unifor.
Full details are available เกมออนไลน์here.
rabble.ca's Vancouver office is currently looking for part-time outreach event volunteers, to expand our volunteer base in B.C. Time commitment is 5 hours a month in Vancouver, B.C. Full details available here.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to B.C. Outreach Coordinator Tania Ehret? c/o tania[at]เกมออนไลน์ www.populertarih.com. Please note "rabble Vancouver event volunteer" in the subject line.